Questions

What is 10m reduced by 5m? What is 40% reduced by 20%?

Note by Selena Miller
3 years, 2 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

  Easy Math Editor

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

  • bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

  1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

    print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 \( 2 \times 3 \)
2^{34} \( 2^{34} \)
a_{i-1} \( a_{i-1} \)
\frac{2}{3} \( \frac{2}{3} \)
\sqrt{2} \( \sqrt{2} \)
\sum_{i=1}^3 \( \sum_{i=1}^3 \)
\sin \theta \( \sin \theta \)
\boxed{123} \( \boxed{123} \)

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

10 reduced by 5 is \(10-5=5\)

Let's say you want to reduce 40% of L by 20% of it , \[\frac{40L}{100}-\dfrac{20L}{100} = \frac{20L}{100}\]

Btw , I am guessing you didn't actually mean asking these questions , did you ? So please refrain from asking such questions .

Azhaghu Roopesh M - 3 years, 2 months ago

Log in to reply

Sorry it was worded in a lame manner Consider that the chance of a person watching a particular arbitrary show is 40%.Now that chance is reduced by 20% because of some reason. See it could be as you said become 40% - 20% = 20%. (or) 40 - 40*(20)/(100)= 32% Hence it is ambiguous right. Do you agree wid me

Selena Miller - 3 years, 2 months ago

Log in to reply

You see what I had posted was : reducing 40% of L by 20% of L .

Let 40% of L be x . Now what you are asking is x reduced by 20% of x . Which gives :

\[ x - x \frac{20}{100} = x \frac{4}{5} = \frac{4}{5} \cdot \frac{40}{100} L = \frac{8}{25} L \]

So I guess we were talking about two entirely diff. things . But yeah , if the sentence is not read properly , it could certainly lead to errors !

Do you mind if I ask you why did you post this note ? Did you look up some Survey or something of the sort ?

Azhaghu Roopesh M - 3 years, 2 months ago

Log in to reply

×

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...