Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Art of problem solving (Volume 1 and Volume 2)

Main post link -> http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Store/viewitem.php?item=ps:aops1

I plan on purchasing these books, and they are quite expensive. But the point is, does anyone here have any experience with these books? Assuming I do work hard, how far can I get in terms of attaining a higher AIME score?

Note by Johnson Adeleke
4 years, 1 month ago

No vote yet
4 votes

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

I can't say anything about how much your AIME score more improve because it is different from person to person, but I can tell you that these books are AMAZING. I used these to train for my local state contest and improved my score quite a lot. Volume 1 was more useful than Volume 2. Though they are expensive they are worth the investment. I also recommend their intermediate countying and probability book and their intermediate algebra book (if you are not good at advanced algebra yet). Alexander Sludds · 4 years, 1 month ago

Hello Johnson,

As Alexander said, vol.1 is more useful than vol.2 because once you reach the level of tackling vol.2 you would instead love to go for more classical books "Art and Craft of Problem Solving" and "Mathematical Circles". I think it will help in AIME though ( If you work hard, doing 9-10 would be a cake-walk). Also see here for a sample chapter. Abhishek De · 4 years, 1 month ago

They beast brah! :D ty for buying them for me. Couldnt have made it to third round of samo without them. Nico Stirling · 1 year, 2 months ago

Comment deleted May 11, 2016

Comment deleted May 11, 2016

@Nico Stirling Skype numbere? Johnson Adeleke · 1 year, 2 months ago

@Johnson Adeleke add me you !@#$% ! Nico Stirling · 1 year, 2 months ago

@Johnson Adeleke Dkype name is Nico.stirling Nico Stirling · 1 year, 2 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...