Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Bhaskara Contest 2013 Level-II

Find all ordered values integers \(x,y,z\) such that \(xy+yz+zx=xyz+2\) Please post the solutions too!

Note by Siddharth G
2 years, 9 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

Wait, Is Bhaskara contest held in Delhi too? W.R.T Solutions- sorry, I dont think I have solved it fully but what came to my mind as soon as i saw this is - factor. Like if you see \((x+1)(y+1)(z+1)\) you will get most of the terms which are there in the question. Ill work on it and tell you. Are you taking up the test tomo'w? Well- A small change- The signs must be reversed with the 1's! Krishna Ar · 2 years, 9 months ago

@Krishna Ar Yes, it takes place in Delhi too. However, in not held on such a vast scale as in TN. According to me a better form of factorization is \((x-1)(y-1)(z-1)\). And I am giving NMTC today. Siddharth G · 2 years, 9 months ago

@Siddharth G Yes. Sorry that I messed up the signs! I did want to change it but I fell asleep as I was on the bed while typing :P. Post your score too on the discussion I (plan to) start today after NMTC on Brilliant! Krishna Ar · 2 years, 9 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...