Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Calculus Level 5 Assessment

Ah, I'm pretty sure the answer was right... However, it said that was wrong. Was the question expecting the answer in degrees or... I'm not sure. I'm quite confident about the answer being right... Am I wrong? If so, any help in locating my mistake. Thanks in advance. I'd appreciate it.

Note by Vishnuram Leonardodavinci
3 years, 2 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

Since the value of \( \cos 1 \) is approximately 0.54, and all the other terms are less than 1, the product cannot be greater than 0.54, and thus neither can the limit. Hence \( \sin 1 \approx 0.84 \) is not correct. Check your reasoning again.

If you want help locating your mistake, you should be explaining the series of steps that you took. Right now, all that can be said is, "The product is not \( \sin 1 \)."

If angles are given in degrees, then they will be stated as \( 1 ^ \circ \). Generally, calculus tries to avoid degrees where possible. Calvin Lin Staff · 3 years, 2 months ago

@Calvin Lin Thanks! ~_~ I got it on the last try... Wew. Vishnuram Leonardodavinci · 3 years, 2 months ago

The answer is not \(\sin 1\). You are probably getting the product to telescope; if so, be careful, and check your calculations again. You should be close to the actual answer. Jon Haussmann · 3 years, 2 months ago

@Jon Haussmann Thank you! I got it. :-0 Vishnuram Leonardodavinci · 3 years, 2 months ago

Yes the ans is sin2. U probably have calculation mistake Ankur Singh · 3 years, 1 month ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...