Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Can you solve it?

Hi guys,

can you solve this puzzle??

The numbers to fit in are:

\(\boldsymbol \not{2},3,5,8,9,10,18,19,24,29,33,38\)

Try to solve it and compare with The solution

Note by Kaito Einstein
1 year, 11 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

2, 29, 38, 19, 10, 5, 18, 9, 8, 3, 33 and lastly 24 are placed left to right ( a la reading-style) and found in the same order easily. Rajen Kapur · 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi, I'm not sure if this problem can be solved. Here are my steps, and please correct me if you spot an error (since my Math is quite noob) Filling in the most "obvious" blanks, the square has to be 9 since 9 is the only perfect square in the list. Based on this, the triangle next to the square has to be equal to either 3 or 5, since they are both single-digit numbers (I'm assuming that the "letters" mean "digits"). Checking again, the difference between 5 and 2 is a prime number (3) which fits the requirements. However, the only multiple of 5 in the list (excluding 5 as it has been used) is 10. Hence 10 has to go in the circle on the left of the triangle. There is a contradiction as 10 is a 2-digit number while 2 is a one-digit number? Have I made a mistake somewhere? >.< Nicole Tay · 1 year, 11 months ago

@Nicole Tay There is no contradiction because letters mean letters so the number of letters of \(10\) are \(3\) and same for \(2\) Kaito Einstein · 1 year, 11 months ago

@Kaito Einstein Oh I see. So "letters" here means the number of letters in the spelling of the number... Nicole Tay · 1 year, 11 months ago

@Nicole Tay Yes that's it Kaito Einstein · 1 year, 11 months ago

@Kaito Einstein Great! I've gotten the same answer as in the solution. Nicole Tay · 1 year, 11 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...