Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Filter 400 points problem

I love Brilliant, and i love to solve level 5 calculus problems.

Everyone can filter questions according to his/her level!

But i want to filter all those problems having 350+ points or 400 points I know i am not the only one who will love to do all those problems!

So its a request from me, will the society of this website can include an another filter options which controls the points?

for e.g. questions ranging from 200-250

250-300

300-350

350-400....

If it can happen, we'll be highly obliged!

Thanks for reading the discussion.

Note by Aman Rajput
2 years ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

Brilliant.org employs an algorithm for rating the difficulty of a problem, but unfortunately I think there's considerable margin of error for a variety of reasons, including cheating. So, to think that we can meaningfully parse ratings from 200 to 400 into sub-ranges is probably an illusion.

Improving accuracy of the ratings is work in progress. Michael Mendrin · 1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions. Currently, we feel that would add complexity, and so are less inclined in implement filtering based solely on points. Calvin Lin Staff · 2 years ago

@Calvin Lin Thanks for the response ,.! If it would make complexity ,

then the problems of 400 points , can be marked as level 6 or something \(level 5^+\). then we will have to filter for only level 6 problems :) Aman Rajput · 2 years ago

@Aman Rajput I kind of like the idea of "super-hard" problems, but I expect very few people will even try them, which is one big reason why I've avoided posting such problems. One attractive point in favor of a "Level 6" is that when the filter is used for that level, we're likely to see a relatively small number of posted problems that will hang around for a while, instead of looking like they're just floating away into obscurity on a fast moving river. Michael Mendrin · 1 year, 11 months ago

@Michael Mendrin if you post super hard problems i will try them Aman Rajput · 1 year, 11 months ago

@Aman Rajput Well, I think there's a few in my set of problems that are hard. Try some. Like "Ball Packing Wars"

Michael Mendrin Problems Michael Mendrin · 1 year, 11 months ago

@Michael Mendrin yes , i think some questions are overrated

And harder problems will not get views ... Aman Rajput · 1 year, 11 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...