Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

help me

hey guys. help me with this.

two vertical tank in conical shape. both inverted. have their vertices connected by a short horizontal pipe. the larger tank is full of water, has a diameter base of 5 m. the smaller tank is empty, has an altitude of 4 m, has an diameter base of 5 m. if the water is allowed to flow through the connecting pipe until the smaller tank is full. find the total volume of the water in the two tanks and find the altitude of the larger tank.

Note by Jeriel Villa
3 years, 3 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

yes Yash Bansal · 3 years, 3 months ago

@Yash Bansal can you give me the solution on how you solve this? Jeriel Villa · 3 years, 3 months ago

mean 222r^2*h/21 Yash Bansal · 3 years, 3 months ago

there diameter is also same Yash Bansal · 3 years, 3 months ago

the hieght to which water rise will be same i.e 4 m thus the hieght of large tank be consider to be 4m then volume of water will be in 2 tank =222r^2*h/21 =52.38m^3 Yash Bansal · 3 years, 3 months ago

@Yash Bansal so it means that larger tank and smaller tank is equal? Jeriel Villa · 3 years, 3 months ago

@Jeriel Villa as the tank connected by pipe so water rise will be same so altitude of large tank be 4m thus applying volume of cone i.e 22r^2h/21, as hieght and diameter is same so ,volume=44r^2h/21 r=d/2,thus r=2.5m ,h=4m , putting values in above equation we get 52.38m^3 if asked in litter then 1m^3=1000ltrs , so 52380ltrs : ) Yash Bansal · 3 years, 3 months ago

@Yash Bansal ok thanks :) Jeriel Villa · 3 years, 3 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...