Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Help please!!

Hello Brilliantians!

Please help me with question number 11 & 12.

Also suggest any good book or website for studying geometrical optics.

Thanks!

Note by Harsh Shrivastava
1 year, 9 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

For question 11, there is missing information. All the options are possible.

For question 12, no image should be formed.

The second black line is the concave lens.

The red lines, or the rays of light, would diverge upon hitting the concave lens, and the rays would not intersect again. Since in order for another image to be formed after the light hit the concave lens, the 2 rays of light has to intersect, there would be no image formed. Julian Poon · 1 year, 9 months ago

11th Question's answer is 6 cm. Ch Nikhil · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Ch Nikhil Please explain . Harsh Shrivastava · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Harsh Shrivastava Tomorrow. Ch Nikhil · 1 year, 9 months ago

This is quite good, as are most Schaum's problem books: Josh Silverman Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Josh Silverman Thanks sir!

BTW can you help me with question no. 11 & 12? Harsh Shrivastava · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Harsh Shrivastava 11:-2.25 ? Lakshya Sinha · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Lakshya Sinha I don't know the answer... Anyways how did you reached till there? Harsh Shrivastava · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Harsh Shrivastava Oh sorry, I thought it was convex mirror, wrong answer (Seriously sorry). Lakshya Sinha · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Harsh Shrivastava I feel that the 11th question is incomplete. Aditya Kumar · 1 year, 9 months ago

11- 6cm 12 - shifts away from the lens system Rishabh Singhal · 1 year, 8 months ago

@Rishabh Singhal Hints for 11 which should be enough to solve it.

1. Note that linear magnification of a lens is given by \(\large \frac{v}{u}\). Linear magnification is length of image divided by length of object.

2. The second crucial thing to note is that focal length remains unchanged in both the cases. Note that \(\large \frac{1}{f} = \frac{1}{v} - \frac{1}{u}\).

Pulkit Gupta · 1 year, 5 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...