Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Length And Speed Problem

I need a help in this problem. Please give a hint for question 17. The answer to this problem is 3:5.

Thanks!

Note by Harsh Shrivastava
3 months, 3 weeks ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

Btw , which book ? @Harsh Shrivastava Aniket Sanghi · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Aniket Sanghi Any tips for problem solving in physics?

I have seen your name in recent solvers of many hard physics problems.

Please share some tips, thanks!

Also congrats for an amazing air 23 in aiits. Harsh Shrivastava · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Aniket Sanghi It is from a magazine named "Physics for you".

Btw can you please tell what sources you use for physics problems? Which books?(not for theory but good problems.)

Thanks.

@Aniket Sanghi Harsh Shrivastava · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Harsh Shrivastava Also , remember one thing - ' In Physics any question can be solved , if your concepts are perfect '. So 1st try to perfect your concepts . Try to solve the question more than asked , that is the question may be simple but their may be many things in it to think upon , using which good questions can be framed . :) Aniket Sanghi · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Harsh Shrivastava I believe in cengage as 1st priority to gain confidence in basic , medium and some hard problems . Then I complete all q from it ( approx 200 to 300 q per chap) . Then I move to solve harder problems , I solve Irodov , Krotov , Brilliant , and I also try to make tougher questions on a topic which I didn't face in a book so as to check my knowledge and also to gain perfection! . :) Aniket Sanghi · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

If you see geometry carefully , A0A1:A0A2:A0A3 = 3 : 5 : 6 .

How ? , see this - mark pts. Between A and A1 as B1 (above ) and B2 ( below) , similarly between A1 and A2 as B3 and B4 and between A2 and A3 as B5 and B6.

By geometry , angle A1A0B1= A2A1B3 = A3A2B5 = let x .

A0A1 = 2 × 3lcosx, A1A2 = 2 × 2lcosx, A2A3 = 2 × lcosx. And hence the ratio , A0A1:A0A2:A0A3 = 3 : 5 : 6 .

Differentiating both sides w.r.t t , we get v1 : v2 : v3 = 3 : 5 : 6 Aniket Sanghi · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Aniket Sanghi Thank you very much bro! Harsh Shrivastava · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Aniket Sanghi @Prakhar Bindal Harsh Shrivastava · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Harsh Shrivastava Aniket has done absolutely correct!.

In order to find lengths AOA1 , AOA2 I Used slightly different approach . I firstly used the fact that diagonals of rhombus bisect each other and then the property of parallogram sum of squares of sides = sum of squares of diagonals .

That will yield you same answer @Harsh Shrivastava Prakhar Bindal · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Prakhar Bindal Same questions to you that I have asked aniket, please reply thanks @Prakhar Bindal Harsh Shrivastava · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Harsh Shrivastava For physics i suggest you to do HCV First that will help you to grasp concepts. Then move to fiitjee study material and Then Finally Archive . Doing this wont leave any concept behind . Then you can keep one reference book for harder problems of JEE Level (like I Prefer DC Pandey) . This will be more than enough and i guess it will be difficult to do all these simultaneously hence i did DC pandey after 2-3 chapters after i got sufficient time. i give more emphasis on packages and archives. And finally solve some problems of brilliant to challenge yourself.

@Harsh Shrivastava BTW I Did not got 23 in AIITS :p (as you told to look at questions of aniket) Prakhar Bindal · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

@Prakhar Bindal Oh thanks for response. Harsh Shrivastava · 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...