I got a math textbook recently and I was going through the initial pages when I came to this section. This made me quite interested to complete the book.
Here are the contents.
0.3 Warnings and Disclaimers
• This book is a work in progress. It contains quite a few mistakes and typos. I would greatly appreciate your constructive criticism. You can reach me at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
• Reading this book impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery.
• This book has been found to cause drowsiness in laboratory animals.
• This book contains twenty-three times the US RDA of ﬁber.
• Caution: FLAMMABLE - Do not read while smoking or near a ﬁre.
• If infection, rash, or irritation develops, discontinue use and consult a physician.
• Warning: For external use only. Use only as directed. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating contents can be harmful or fatal. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
• In the unlikely event of a water landing do not use this book as a ﬂotation device.
• The material in this text is ﬁction; any resemblance to real theorems, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
• This is by far the most amusing section of this book.
• Finding the typos and mistakes in this book is left as an exercise for the reader. (Eye ewes a spelling chequer from thyme too thyme, sew their should knot bee two many misspellings. Though I ain’t so sure the grammar’s too good.)
• The theorems and methods in this text are subject to change without notice.
• This is a chain book. If you do not make seven copies and distribute them to your friends within ten days of obtaining this text you will suﬀer great misfortune and other nastiness.
• The surgeon general has determined that excessive studying is detrimental to your social life.
• This text has been buﬀered for your protection and ribbed for your pleasure.
• Stop reading this rubbish and get back to work!