Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

is this correct???

I want to know whether the the solution is correct.

Note by Tanishq Varshney
2 years, 3 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

correct answer is option b Shivam Sharma · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Raghav Vaidyanathan @Mvs Saketh Tanishq Varshney · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Tanishq Varshney @Saurabh Patil Tanishq Varshney · 2 years, 3 months ago

Comment deleted Apr 25, 2015

@Kalash Verma from snells law, considering TIR at AC

\(\mu\) of glass\(\times sin(\theta_{c})=\mu\) of liquid \(\times sin(90)\)

\(sin(\theta_{c})=\frac{2 \mu}{3}\) Tanishq Varshney · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Tanishq Varshney Oohh sorry @Tanishq Varshney . My mistake I wrote a solution(nope just a correction). Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

Comment deleted Apr 26, 2015

@Saurabh Patil The most idiotic thing in the solution derived answer is that it shows the refractive index of the liquid to be greater than that of the glass which is the biggest flaw.!!

The solution is violating the very much first required condition that if a beam of light is to be totally internally refracted then the refractive index from which the ray is incident (incidence medium) is to be less than that of the medium into which it is imagined to be entering (to verify the Snell's law offcourse.) Saurabh Patil · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil Last thing i want to ask is the answer B then, plz reply saurabh Tanishq Varshney · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil have i put the equation right saurabh. so the answer is B then i guess Tanishq Varshney · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Tanishq Varshney Ya that goes correct the option B is correct!! \[ refractive index of liquid < \frac{3\sqrt{3}}{4}\] Saurabh Patil · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil Oh can u please tell me what is guw=auw/aug. Or aug/auw Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil @Saurabh Patil see my way. i=60

Now

Sin60/sin(r) = guo

Or √3/2 = uo/ug Is this the correct way?? Now I think its right sorry @Tanishq Varshney . Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil Yah please help me. Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil Oh I know it please tell if my Sol is correct or not.It gives the right answer.(b).I must have had made a mistake that time. Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil Oh sorry I don't know Latex u is refractive index and 1u2 means refractive index of 2nd medium with respect to 1@Saurabh Patil . Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Kalash Verma Kalash I respect the way you interpret the equations guw=auw/aug. Or aug/auw but there is a better way to solve such questions.

img

img

Use the above law directly which would surely give you direct and correct results. Saurabh Patil · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Saurabh Patil Thanks I will use that next time .pls check the sol I gave above. Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Kalash Verma i hope u know the meaning of critical angle.

according to snells law \(\mu_{1}sin(\theta_{1})=\mu_{2}sin(\theta_{2})\)

or in other words \(\mu sin(\theta)=constant\) Tanishq Varshney · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Tanishq Varshney Yep I know its meaning. See above I have written a way check it if its right.Sorry for inconvenience. Kalash Verma · 2 years, 3 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...