For the benefit of those who are taking the JEE Advanced this weekend, what are some JEE test taking tips that you know of?
Should you start with your favorite topic?
Should you ever spend more than 2 minutes on a hard problem?
How important is it to answer as many questions as you can? When should you start guessing?
How do you avoid panicking during a 3 hour, 60-80 question test?
Any other advice?
Summary of tips:
1. Sleep early the night before, wake up well rested.
2. Eat a good breakfast. Have a light lunch. Drink water instead of sugared drinks.
3. Be calm, composed and relaxed. Dress in comfortable clothes.
4. Reach the venue (1 hour) early, do not rush.
5. Solve questions you know to build up confidence. If you can't solve the problem, move on and come back later.
6. Guess if you are not penalized.
7. Choose which hard problem you want to solve. You will likely not solve all of them. Better to spend 5 minutes getting 1 correct, then trying many problems without success.