Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

JOMO 5 Begins!

Hi Guys, I just want to say that JOMO 5 has started! Please reshare and tell your friends about it. You can check out the paper here. Please read the rules before starting

Note by Yan Yau Cheng
2 years, 8 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

I've told all of my friends! This is going to be really fun but @Yan Yau Cheng could you go a little easy on the trig? After all, this is Junior. I just finished. :D Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Finn Hulse @Aditya Raut Yan Yau Cheng · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Yan Yau Cheng What ? I think the correct file(ques 2 problem fixed) is now uploaded on the website ..... All participants , we're sorry for that inconvenience , really!! Aditya Raut · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Aditya Raut I am not able to access the file. Could you please post the difference in the question? Nanayaranaraknas Vahdam · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Nanayaranaraknas Vahdam The 1st equation was previously xy+2x+3y=2 but it was supposed to be xy+3x+2y=2 so we've edited it now Yan Yau Cheng · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Yan Yau Cheng Thank you! Nanayaranaraknas Vahdam · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Finn Hulse totally agreed, especially since I just learnt basic trig only .-. Charlton Teo · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Charlton Teo Haha, yeah but I'm in Algebra 1 so... sucks for me. :P Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

Why is JOMO and Proofathon always together? Can you please colobrate time so that I can participate in both. Megh Parikh · 2 years, 8 months ago

Great problems and solutions in JOMO5! Looking forward to the next one. Michael Ng · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Bogdan Simeonov @Sharky Kesa After Triple-checking, there IS a problem in question 2, we are terribly sorry and we have edited the question. @Finn Hulse You might want to resubmit for question 2 as well since you already submitted Yan Yau Cheng · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Yan Yau Cheng Could you please tell me what the edit to the question is? I am not able to access the new file. Nanayaranaraknas Vahdam · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Yan Yau Cheng Oh yes I did! Thanks. :D Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

I cannot find any non-negative solutions to Qn 2.Is there an issue in the problem? Bogdan Simeonov · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Bogdan Simeonov Happened to me as well. Sharky Kesa · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Bogdan Simeonov We are sorry Bogdan and all others for the inconvenience but there IS a problem in question 2 .... We have edited the file and soon , the correct version will be uploaded on the website ..... Apologies for your time that it consumed unnecessarily ..... Aditya Raut · 2 years, 8 months ago

I think this one is pretty easy ,, Nice job, All the best for all participants Dinesh Chavan · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Dinesh Chavan The proof problems were a bit strange. No casework, no induction, not really much of anything! :P Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Dinesh Chavan Really? Last weeks for me was the easiest, this one for me was moderately tough. Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Finn Hulse I am a problem writer at JOMO but i also feel that this one is easier than previous JOMO (of course feeling easy/difficult may differ among people) .... Go on , all the best ! Progress expected this time ....... Aditya Raut · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Finn Hulse I didnt attempt any of the contest. If u are saying of the previous combinatorics contest, then I admit my worst prepared topic is combinatorics, while my strongest topic is inequalities.. But, previous contest was also easy, but I didn't get a few. As for this contest, I got all ques but one till now.. R u taking in it? all the best then Dinesh Chavan · 2 years, 8 months ago

Arrgghh... I cant do this, the problems arent bad but it just takes too much to convert everything to PDF 's and everything, i barely have that much time. sorry! David Lee · 2 years, 8 months ago

@David Lee Don't worry for that now , we'll now allow word documents .... You may submit it as microsoft office Word document too ! Aditya Raut · 2 years, 8 months ago

@David Lee Dude I finished in 40 minutes. :P Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Finn Hulse For question 2, I can't find any non-negative integer solutions for \(x\), \(y\) and \(z\). Did yours have any negative numbers? Sharky Kesa · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Sharky Kesa We are sorry Sharky and all others for the inconvenience but there IS a problem in question 2 .... We have edited the file and soon , the correct version will be uploaded on the website ..... Apologies for your time that it consumed unnecessarily ..... Aditya Raut · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Sharky Kesa there are no problems to question 2, I double checked Yan Yau Cheng · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Yan Yau Cheng I got a non-integral answer and I'm sure it's right... Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Finn Hulse It asked for nonnegative integers. I got two solutions for the equation but both of them had negative integers. Sharky Kesa · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Sharky Kesa Yeah I know. Finn Hulse · 2 years, 8 months ago

@Yan Yau Cheng I'll check again. Sharky Kesa · 2 years, 8 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...