Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

JOMO 7 Begins!

Hey Guys! JOMO 7 started! Tell all your friends and get them to participate!

You can access the JOMO website here

You can find the JOMO 7 paper here

Note by Yan Yau Cheng
2 years, 5 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

Whats the age limit? Subrata Saha · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Subrata Saha NO age limits! Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar So what is the the minimum age limit for giving this Olympiad?? Anuj Shikarkhane · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Anuj Shikarkhane I believe even a newborn could take this up if he/she knows how to crack it :P Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar LOL!! Anuj Shikarkhane · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar Sorry, BUT I think the Title is self Explanatory ' Junior Mathema.......' Arya Samanta · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Arya Samanta That just means its for the people who think OMO was too hard David Lee · 2 years, 5 months ago

@David Lee Hey... D: Finn Hulse · 2 years, 5 months ago

Nice questions! Are you giving this olympiad?? Anuj Shikarkhane · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Anuj Shikarkhane He's the one who has set the paper!!!! BTW- You're in 9th or 8th? Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar I'm in 7th. Anuj Shikarkhane · 2 years, 4 months ago

don't you provide any solutions? i mean, it helps people like me who can learn more. Pulkit Gopalani · 2 years, 4 months ago

@Pulkit Gopalani See here. Mathh Mathh · 2 years, 4 months ago

@Mathh Mathh thanks for help. Pulkit Gopalani · 2 years, 4 months ago

In question 9, I can't find the ratio that you ask for because I think we need the side AC or an angle. If I am wrong, tell me. Thanks. Alan Enrique Ontiveros Salazar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Alan Enrique Ontiveros Salazar Will be fixed soon, sorry for the inconvenience... Aditya Raut · 2 years, 5 months ago

In the Problem #8, isn't the sequence supposed to be composed of integers? (not real numbers) There appears to be an infinite amount of solutions otherwise. Mathh Mathh · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Mathh Mathh Yeah sorry, we'll fix it now, they are wanted to be integers :( Aditya Raut · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Aditya Raut - Can answers be hand-written? Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar Yeah, it's okay, you may send us the photos as your submission !

But i personally feel you should make the pdf or even .docx file . If you are unable to write latex in the file, use brilliant ! Try posting some note (write the math terms you want to include in the submission file) then take the \(\textbf{preview}\) , use the \(\color{Red}{\textbf{prt sc}}\) ( the print screen key on your keyboard ) , just paste the screen shot in \(\text{Paint}\), then crop your needed matter and paste in the MS office word file !

Simply, use brilliant preview to get your submission for JOMO ready. Make pdf from it, or submit .docx , email us at \(\color{Blue}{\textbf{jr.onlinematholympiad@gmail.com}}\). Good luck. If you have any queries, you may contact on the email or maybe ask here only. Aditya Raut · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Aditya Raut i'll use texer on aops David Lee · 2 years, 5 months ago

Comment deleted Jul 28, 2014

@Krishna Ar I know how to do that in pdf, there is a software "texworks" for it, but it's complicated ! Simple way is what i told, the prt sc shot is in just few kb and when it's cut pasted in word file, it gives almost feel of latex formatting, because it will appear just as it does on brilliant ! Aditya Raut · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Aditya Raut Thx! Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

I think you 'll have no problems in wrong answers but I am sure to make a stand in making questions some time later .

Yours friendly

Arya :) Arya Samanta · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Arya Samanta Sorry, But i don't really get what you mean? Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar you giving it? Kartik Sharma · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Kartik Sharma Are you? Well, Actually I am not-because I am not too confident of getting a perfect score :( ...and-How much are you expecting to score? Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar So what if you don't get a perfect score. I was not able to get in JOMO 6, my first attempt. But yes, it was a good experience. Yes, for sure I will. And you must know we, the North Indians don't leave anything which is for free(the good ones) ;) Kartik Sharma · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Kartik Sharma Yep...but how much did you get in JOMO 6 and also...I am not really good at the formating used to type the things in LaTeX and convert to PDF....:( Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar 11/18 :(

Actually, I started doing it only the last date and so was not able to revise my answers. :(

Happy to give all the proofs correct! Kartik Sharma · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Kartik Sharma Wow...you got all of them right..really good...I almost got one wrong :( BTW, can answers be handwrittne? OR how did you send them last-time? Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Krishna Ar Scores don't really matter guys ! Aim is to give an experience to people to participate in a math contest and compete with others, in a \(\textbf{Mathy}\) environment! Math bless you... Aditya Raut · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Aditya Raut Yup..agreed So silly of me..but yet :P Krishna Ar · 2 years, 5 months ago

@Aditya Raut Thanks for telling us the objective of your test!! Kartik Sharma · 2 years, 5 months ago

it is again n again showing 'error 404' please help otherwise i will not be able to give it Nayan Dhar · 2 years, 5 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...