Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

June 16 - Second Day

It's Monday, but I don't have the blues.

Next day

Note by Calvin Lin
2 years, 7 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

I spied this photo on "the facebook." They look like they are having a good time:

Brilliantics

Brilliantics

Peter Taylor Staff · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Peter Taylor Here's one where everyone is in

Thaddeus Abiy · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Peter Taylor Also how did the dude on the far right get a Brilliant t-shirt? I want one so bad... :O Finn Hulse · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Finn Hulse For ^ picture its, Me,Jose,Petru,Sadi,Mursalin,Milun,Christopher,Ritvik and Beakal Thaddeus Abiy · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Finn Hulse In the old Brilliant, you could buy Brilliant shirts. Unfortunately, they don't anymore. Sharky Kesa · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Finn Hulse Ah yeah..that's me.. I got it back when they were giving them out for points.. Thaddeus Abiy · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Thaddeus Abiy Dang you. @Suyeon Khim can I get one of those? :[ Finn Hulse · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Peter Taylor Wait who are these from left to right? I'm interested to connect the names to the faces. :D Finn Hulse · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Peter Taylor Guess who's missing in this picture. Mursalin Habib · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Mursalin Habib The photographer. Vinay Sipani · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Vinay Sipani If you think he was supposed to be in there, then yes.

Who else? Mursalin Habib · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Mursalin Habib You!! Aabhas Mathur · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Aabhas Mathur Bingo! Mursalin Habib · 2 years, 7 months ago

@Mursalin Habib No, it was @Nikhil Pandya and @Nathan Antwi Christopher Boo · 2 years, 7 months ago

Day 2: so many things! The main two highlights, to me, were he seminar with Professor Mahesh Sharma and Bill Chen and the introduction to tomorrow's hackathon.

Mr Sharma is a great mathematician, and a great speaker as well! Along with Mr Chen, he talked about the importance of good long-term economic decisions, which we must start taking as early as possible! He also pointed out the importance of mathematics throughout histort, and how it really lies at the foundation of our modern society.

I can't wait for tomorrow hackathon, the stakes are high, there will be some great prizes awaiting the winners, and I'm a sure the level of competition will be sky high!

Lesson of the day: you must always aim high, and never stop investing in yourself: reading, writing and mathematics are the three fundamental pillars of knowledge, and the more skills you acquire, the more possibilities you will have in your future Petru Lupsac · 2 years, 7 months ago

A freaking epic day

Day 2 has been the best day for me so far. The breakout sessions began. More adult mentors arrived.

My highlight for the day was Andrew Mayne. For those of you who don't know who he is, just do a quick google search. I was always really interested in magic [you can check out my profile], it was incredible to talk to someone like him. He is a really down-to-earth guy and took the time to answer all of my questions. He's also a really good teacher. He's also a best selling writer. And he's going to be around all week. Maybe I'll find some time to talk to him.

Day 3 is the hackathon and I have no clue on what I'm going to do. Mursalin Habib · 2 years, 7 months ago

Day 2: An awesome day! Dr Sharma's breakout session was amazing, he talked a lot about why it is important to get "liberal arts" degrees(Math, CS, Physics...) instead of Engineering, for example. As we had some time to spare, he proposed the problem Thad mentioned above.Also, we had an introduction to the Hackaton! Sadi Kneipp Neto · 2 years, 7 months ago

Today was awesome. We had a great seminar with an MIT/Oxford professor Dr.Sharma and Poker Master Dr.Lee Chen. It was very interesting. Dr.Sharma posed a cool problem involving this and @Petru Lupsac presented his solution in both English and Italian. At dinner we hang around outside and I had my first bite of American pizza. I found it both delicious and excessive. I am excited about tomorrows hackathon! Thaddeus Abiy · 2 years, 7 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...