Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

KVPY 2016

How much are you scoring? Please post your estimated marks.

Cheers!

Note by Harsh Shrivastava
3 weeks, 6 days ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

Bio was damn difficult .... Chinmay Sangawadekar · 3 weeks ago

@Chinmay Sangawadekar Yeah! You are right. Biology troubled me a lot too, I wonder how much I will lose due to it. Akshay Yadav · 2 weeks, 2 days ago

@Chinmay Sangawadekar How much are you getting? A E · 3 weeks ago

@A E I did not check the answer key , how much are you getting ? which problem in mathematics did you like most ? Chinmay Sangawadekar · 3 weeks ago

@Chinmay Sangawadekar All questions were of good level and interesting.I am expecting about 47-50. A E · 3 weeks ago

OK so I found q 17,22,27,67,70 ans incorrect Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@Spandan Senapati Yes 17,22, 67 and 70 are incorrect but 27 is correct A E · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@A E @Spandan Senapati ,Shouldn't the answer of q-27 be option B? Kalash Verma · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@Kalash Verma Ya option B is correct for q 27.... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@A E What's your score.....I am getting 65 as per the incorrect key...expect some more 7-8 marks after correction...anyway what's your score????@A.E Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@Spandan Senapati My score is horrible 45-50 :( A E · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@A E You need to calculate the maxheight attained from ground....you might have calculated it from top of the tower perhaps.....anyway don't worry it happens....exam pressure..... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@Spandan Senapati What is getting for Q67 and Q70? Harsh Shrivastava · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Can anyone tell the solution of Q4. KVPY SA? Anoushka Gupta · 2 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anoushka Gupta Apply Cauchy Schwarz inequality on LHS,you will observe that LHS is greater than equal to the RHS.Then apply the equality condition Cauchy Schwarz inequality( in Cauchy Schwarz inequality,the equality exists when the ratio of terms is constant).You will get that 1=a=b.Therefore (1,1) is the only solution. A E · 2 weeks, 1 day ago

@A E Thanks a lot! Anoushka Gupta · 2 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anoushka Gupta It can be done without the inequality also-

\((1+a+b)^2=3(1+a^2+b^2)\)

\(\iff 2a^2+2b^2-2a-2b-2ab+2=0\)

\(\iff (a-1)^2+(b-1)^2+(a-b)^2=0\)

Hence, \(a=b=1\) only. Akshay Yadav · 2 weeks, 1 day ago

@Akshay Yadav great solution!!! A E · 2 weeks, 1 day ago

@A E Thanks! Akshay Yadav · 2 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anoushka Gupta Thanks!!! A E · 2 weeks, 1 day ago

Kindly confirm the answer for the conditions for current to flow in the wire connected to circuits.

I marked “current will flow if E1/R1 not equal to E2/R2.”

I know that if the wire connects 2 points, then those 2 points potential is same. But I got confused during exam and trusted "Kirchoff's law" for junctions. Anoushka Gupta · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anoushka Gupta Even I marked the same option :( Hrishik Mukherjee · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anoushka Gupta I barely completed the paper.. I don't remember exactly what I marked, what questions I marked.. So I didn't count.. Anoushka Gupta · 3 weeks ago

@Anoushka Gupta No problem....All the best !!! A E · 3 weeks ago

@Anoushka Gupta Oh. Thanks. Anoushka Gupta · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anoushka Gupta How much are you scoring? A E · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anoushka Gupta To make things simple think this way....the circuits are initially separate..consider any one of the circuit.... current is e/r....now connect them write Kirchoff's voltage law for the same circuit......did you find that the current again remains the same......so what can be concluded is that current did not flow through the wire..... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Harsh Shrivastava @Kalash Verma @Adarsh Kumar What is your score (including the ones you have done correctly but printed wrong in the keys)? apna apna batao sab Hrishik Mukherjee · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

Do add ,5 more marks...friend the key is a bit incorrect.... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@Spandan Senapati Like which questions? I may not have attempted the ones you are saying. Harsh Shrivastava · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

My marks: 40-45. :( Harsh Shrivastava · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@Harsh Shrivastava Same here. :( A E · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

The key is incorrect....physics especially.... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

@Spandan Senapati Please tell me question numbers you are finding wrong.As of now, i am scoring too low. Harsh Shrivastava · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Question paper with answer keys have been uploaded at KVPY Official site !!!!! Please post your marks!!! A E · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Think my score is gonna be in 71-75....let's see..... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 3 days ago

@Spandan Senapati Good job!. although i haven't seen the paper i too scoreD about 73 last year.

If you do fair enough in interview you will surely be in top 100! Prakhar Bindal · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Prakhar Bindal I expect 73.25 after the correct ans key...and you know in 2014 someone had scored 78 from our school and got air 8!!!!. Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Spandan Senapati actually 2014 paper was quite tough (cutoff was only 42). so scoring 78 in that is indeed an achievement

i got rank 59 last year coz the paper was slightly easier last year than 2014 . One of my friend got 82 last year still ended up on rank 14 Prakhar Bindal · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Prakhar Bindal How do you rate this years q paper......??? Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Spandan Senapati I Think its more or less of same level as last year (atleast for PCM) . Biology its none of my buisness Prakhar Bindal · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Prakhar Bindal Ya bio was not high scoring.....this year.....and maths was better then previous years..as of P,C they were quite the same... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Prakhar Bindal Actually bio is the one making difference this year. A E · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@A E i scored 6 last year out of 25. Prakhar Bindal · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Prakhar Bindal @prakhar bindal...Can you tell if q. 17 and is correct.... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Prakhar Bindal Great!!! A E · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@A E :P. What do you mean? :P Prakhar Bindal · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Prakhar Bindal That is more that my score in bio. A E · 3 weeks, 1 day ago

@Spandan Senapati Wow.....then congratulations!!!!! I don't even think of crossing 50. A E · 3 weeks, 2 days ago

.let's wait for the key.....and bio was not difficult....the options were not at all confusing...a little thinking and you know what the ans is......there were q where only one option was apparent...... Spandan Senapati · 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Scoring above 50 was a herculean task!!! A E · 3 weeks, 4 days ago

Probably cutoff will fall drastically this year. A E · 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Wasn't biology too tough in SA Stream? A E · 3 weeks, 5 days ago

@A E I think I was giving AIPMT 😨 Harsh Shrivastava · 3 weeks, 5 days ago

@Harsh Shrivastava AIPMT(actually NEET) asks most of the questions from NCERT. but here good amount of concepts were required Satyabrata Dash · 3 weeks, 4 days ago

@A E yes it was a bit tough. Satyabrata Dash · 3 weeks, 4 days ago

@A E Yeah it was horrible. I will get between 40 and 50. Kushagra Sahni · 3 weeks, 4 days ago

Let the answer key come, till then I have no estimation. Overall, my exam was bad 😥😥 Nihar Mahajan · 3 weeks, 5 days ago

How much are you scoring? A E · 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...