Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Level 5 Physics qualifying question is really math?

Hello all of you Brilliant people! haha.

I very recently just made my account (like, an hour ago, haha) and I was doing the qualifying problems with physics. Note that I have never taken a comprehensive physics class in my life. Thus I was unable to do many of the problems in even level 2 and 3.

However, I was able to do the level 5 question, and now I am in level 5. Why? Because while I may not be good with physics, I am good with math. And the level 5 question was really a math question with a physics base.

For those who don't know, the question was: You have a disc on the x-y plane starting at the origin. You launch the disk and elastically hit a wall with equation y = x - 2, crossing the y-axis again at y=1. What angle (in radians) did you launch the disc from?

So now I am forced to be in level 5, but I don't know how to do the problems because I am not knowledgable in physics. I am not too sad about that, but I wonder, why was this the chosen question?

Note by Ji Young Shin
3 years, 2 months ago

No vote yet
5 votes

Sort by:

Top Newest

I can't reply to your question, but if you want to downgrade you can send an email to mathematics@brilliant.org with your request and they'll downgrade you ;) Luca Bernardelli · 3 years, 2 months ago

If you have to low your level down just make a problem wrong without doing other problems correct Karan Kewalramani · 3 years, 2 months ago

weird Jason Kang · 3 years, 2 months ago

Me too Daniel Leong · 3 years, 2 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...