Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Need Help!

Hi everyone!

I was working on speed and accuracy of my problem solving ability and I found that on average I require 3-4 minutes for solving a problem of maths. In JEE we have only 2 minutes for each problem. Could you guys please tell me how can I improve my speed.

I gave a maths test yesterday and I completely messed it up. When I came home and solved that paper I found that I could have easily solved 8-9 more questions. Often I freak out during such exams if I do not solve 3-4 problem in row. Could you guys give me some tips about handling stress during exam?

Please help!

Note by Satvik Pandey
2 years, 4 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

keep practicing , you shall improve, solve problems for the pleasure in it, not just for some exam you are to crack two years later( i am not telling that you are doing that) (best of luck) so i would suggest you to stop worrying about it , no problem is solved by worrying about it. be glad that you know the error in your ways and now have the time to correct it

develop skill even more , speed follows with practice, and accuracy too !

Mvs Saketh - 2 years, 4 months ago

Thank you Saketh! :)

I have a request form you guys-- please don't left brilliant after selection in IIT. Please! :)

When is your INPho camp?

Satvik Pandey - 2 years, 4 months ago

I Am Also Facing The Same Problem.Yesterday I Gave Weekly Test( It Had 21 More Than One Correct Choice Questions To Be Answered In An Hour with +4 for each correct answer and -2 for wrong one . All The Options Were To Be Checked Could Have Easily Solved 18 But Did Only 14 . But I Think Its The Beginning Its A 2 Year LONG LONG Journey.

Prakhar Bindal - 2 years, 4 months ago

Comment deleted Jun 13, 2015

Thank you Abhishek! Are you in class 11?

I myself couldn't improved on that till now.

Ronak Agarwal - 2 years, 4 months ago

During your preparation in class 11 and 12, how many hours do you study daily?

Do you used to solve question in 2 mins during your daily studies?

Nope, I used to solve problems leisurely for the purpose of only solving the rather than for speed, initially one has to build up on enhancing his problem solving skills.

Ronak Agarwal - 2 years, 4 months ago

@Ronak Agarwal I wanted to ask which plays more role in success in JEE - hard work or talent?

Abhishek Sharma - 2 years, 4 months ago

@Abhishek Sharma I would say talent + hard work is unbeatable.!! But extraordinary talent is very rare, that is why it is extra ordinary.!! top 100 ranks in JEE can be beaten only by extraordinary talent + hardwork .. Rest can be achieved by ordinary talent + hardwork and correct guidance.!!

Rohit Gupta - 2 years, 4 months ago

@Deepanshu Gupta @Mvs Saketh @Ronak Agarwal @everyone. Please help!

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...