Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

NSEC-2016

How was the paper? How much do you think the cut off will be?

Note by Vitthal Yellambalse
5 days, 11 hours ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

Cut off depends on state , which state are you from ?

Like from my state ( Chattisgarh ) 5 - 6 are selected based on the criteria of ratio ( no. of people selected from a state is proportional to the no. of people giving test ).

What's your expected score ? (Allen and Resonance answer keys are out) Aniket Sanghi · 4 days, 21 hours ago

@Aniket Sanghi Yup right. from my state UP last year NSEP Cutoff was only 85 due to large size of state and Many many people appear (there were more than 3-4 centres in my city itself) Prakhar Bindal · 4 days, 19 hours ago

@Aniket Sanghi I cross checked with Allen solutions, I am getting around 180-190. Vitthal Yellambalse · 4 days, 20 hours ago

@Vitthal Yellambalse Honestly i found allen keys to contain some errors so didn't checked with it Prakhar Bindal · 4 days, 19 hours ago

@Prakhar Bindal How much are you getting in NSEC? Vitthal Yellambalse · 4 days, 19 hours ago

@Vitthal Yellambalse N There was one more problem about chiral centres . in that shouldn't KOH Be 56 gm because once OH- Will attack at ester it will result in the formation of carboxylic acid and then oh- will again take acidic hydrogen from acid and doesn't the reaction Of NH3 With H2S Gives NH4HS?

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=Mtth5g59dEIC&pg=PA521&lpg=PA521&dq=NH4HS+Preparation&source=bl&ots=tE0IhtM4Uw&sig=sgn0s1zxH0EwF-DNY-BUqQW3M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt3YWezcrQAhWBv48KHRydDa4Q6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q=NH4HS%20Preparation&f=false Prakhar Bindal · 4 days, 17 hours ago

@Prakhar Bindal That's true. I checked resonance's and am getting around 200. Vitthal Yellambalse · 4 days, 19 hours ago

@Vitthal Yellambalse N There was one more problem about chiral centres . in that shouldn't KOH Be 56 gm because once OH- Will attack at ester it will result in the formation of carboxylic acid and then oh- will again take acidic hydrogen from acid and doesn't the reaction Of NH3 With H2S Gives NH4HS? Prakhar Bindal · 4 days, 17 hours ago

@Vitthal Yellambalse you gave NSEP And NSEA? Are you preparing for JEE? Prakhar Bindal · 4 days, 18 hours ago

@Vitthal Yellambalse from resonance i am getting about 175 . still i feel some keys are wrong in that too.

Like that solubility one in which they are not taking H+ From water into account , rate one in which concentration becomes 10% of initial and 2-3 more

What are your views Prakhar Bindal · 4 days, 18 hours ago

@Prakhar Bindal I agree many solutions seem to be different than what I expected. About the ammonium sulphide question, wikipedia says that it exists as both \(NH_{4}HS\) and \((NH_{4})_{2}S\). So I think the answer where sulphur's composition in unknown might be correct. Either way, official solutions come out on 5th December. Vitthal Yellambalse · 4 days, 12 hours ago

Come to the note posted by me @Vitthal Yellambalse Prakhar Bindal · 5 days, 5 hours ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...