Programming tasks

Moon

Dasha got a new camera. She taked some photo about the moon, but the resolution was not too hight. In the photo only two colors are visible, white and black.

Dasha taked a lot of picture and she want to know where is the position of the moon in each photo. The moon has an r radius(r0)(r\geq0). The Moon is a set of squares, where each square is colored white from the center of the moon in r range. So if a block's center in the Moon, then the block should be colored white.

Unfurtunetly some stars are visible on the picture.

Write a program which print the largest possible radius of the Moon, and print out the position of the Moon.

Input

Two integer, w and h- the width and the height of the picture(1w,h50)(1\leq w,h\leq 50). In the next h lines contain w characters. . means black and * means white squares.

Output

First line should contain the largest possible radius. The next line should contain the coordinates of the Moon's center(column, row, numbered from 1).

If there are more possible outputs, then print only the first. Left to Right, Up to Down.

\color{#888888}\Large\bigodot \hspace{-666200sp}\rule[3px]{1.3px}{5.5px}\hspace{-289000sp}\rule[11.5px]{7.5px}{1.7px} \hspace{1pt} Time limit 1 second

\color{#888888}\rule[4px]{14px}{2.2px}\hspace{-14px}\rule{14px}{2.2px}\hspace{-14px}\rule[-4px]{14px}{2.2px} Memory limit 64 MiB

Input example #1Output example #178.*.*....*****..*****.*******.*****..*****....*.........*344\begin{array}{ll} \textsf{\large Input example \#1}\hspace{200px}&\textsf{\large Output example \#1}\\ \begin{matrix} \texttt{7}&\texttt{8}\\ \texttt{.}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}\\ \texttt{.}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{.}\\ \texttt{.}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{.}\\ \texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}\\ \texttt{.}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{.}\\ \texttt{.}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{.}\\ \texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{*}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}\\ \texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{.}&\texttt{*} \end{matrix}& \begin{matrix} \texttt{3}\\\texttt{4}&\texttt{4}\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \end{matrix} \end{array}

From there

Bonus problem: Write a program, which print the Moon with a given radius.

Factorisation

Input

One number, n.

Output

Some lines. The kth line contains the amount of numbers with k prime factors 2 to n. The lines can't contain 0.

No limits

Input example #1Output example #110441Input example #2Output example #21000012292625256917129634852311054722731\begin{array}{ll} \textsf{\large Input example \#1}\hspace{200px}&\textsf{\large Output example \#1}\\ \begin{array}{l} \texttt{10}\\ \\ \end{array}& \begin{array}{l} \texttt{4}\\\texttt{4}\\\texttt{1} \end{array}\\ \textsf{\large Input example \#2}\hspace{200px}&\textsf{\large Output example \#2}\\ \begin{array}{l} \texttt{10000}\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \end{array}& \begin{array}{l} \texttt{1229}\\\texttt{2625}\\\texttt{2569}\\\texttt{1712}\\\texttt{963}\\\texttt{485}\\\texttt{231}\\\texttt{105}\\\texttt{47}\\\texttt{22}\\\texttt{7}\\\texttt{3}\\\texttt{1} \end{array} \end{array}

Solutions

Note by Páll Márton
1 week, 2 days ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

My lame brute logic: try BFS from every *. Since a moon’s center is at an integer grid, we can find the grid through brute force.

Or apply Floodfill to find the regions. Then find the up and down, left and right limits to the region. then test a 3×33\times 3 matrix center of grid (U+D)÷2,(L+R)÷2(U+D)\div 2,(L+R)\div 2.

Jeff Giff - 1 week, 2 days ago

Can you solve the second problem?

Páll Márton - 2 days, 17 hours ago

Do the factors need to be different?

Jeff Giff - 2 days, 16 hours ago

@Jeff Giff I added now, you should see only the prime factors

Páll Márton - 2 days, 16 hours ago

#include<stdio.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
//I’ll define the testing function here.
//You know what? I’m typing the whole code!
int n,match[2500];
int test(int x,int y,int tx,int ty,int a[100][100])//x-origin,tx-tested
{
    int nx[3],ny[3];//the three rotated dots
    nx[0]=tx;//org
    ny[0]=ty;
    nx[1]=ty-y+x;//clock90
    ny[1]=tx-x+y;
    nx[2]=x-tx;//180
    ny[2]=y-ty;
    nx[3]=y-ty+x;//clock270
    ny[3]=x-tx+y;
    if(nx[0]==nx[1]==nx[2]==nx[3]&&ny[0]==ny[1]==ny[2]==ny[3])//match
    {
         match[n]=1;
         //test next grid
    }
}
int main
{
    int row,col;
    int x[100][100];
}

Jeff Giff - 1 week, 2 days ago

But wait, how do you define a moon’s radius? also if the stars are arranged around the moon, expanding it? :)

Jeff Giff - 1 week, 1 day ago

The biggest perfect circle will be the Moon. So if one block is missing from a perfect circle, then it can't be the Moon. BTW you should write the whole code :)

Páll Márton - 1 week, 1 day ago

I am working on it, maybe finished by tomorrow :)

BTW, have you found a solution?

@Jeff Giff See the note again :)

Páll Márton - 1 week, 1 day ago

@Páll Márton Nice :)

Try these!

Nice!

Yajat Shamji - 1 week, 2 days ago

Thank you!