We have released a way to keep you informed about problems which have potential issues in them. When several people have reported a problem, the above banner will be displayed.
As a problem solver,
- be aware that the answer may not be correct.
- this problem can still affect your ratings. However, if there are issues with the problem, then those who got it wrong will have their ratings refunded (see below).
- help us identify such problems by actively reporting them.
For your reference, you can look at Example Of Reported Problem.
As a problem creator, respond to clarification requests and disputes in a timely manner by editing or deleting the problem. Once you see such a banner appear on your problem, you may no longer edit or delete the problems in the usual way. Instead, you choose from the following options in a dropdown menu:
1) Delete the problem
This deletes the problem from your feed, and refunds the ratings for those who got it wrong.
2) Change the answer
Remember to explain why. You may reference the solution discussions. Once the answer is updated (after review), the corresponding rating changes will occur.
3) Adjust the wording of the problem.
Use this for significant changes which affect the problem. E.g. You used “integer” but meant “real number”. This will also refund the ratings for those who got it wrong.
4) Make no changes, explain existing problem to moderator.
Remember to explain why. You may reference the solution discussions. You can then make minor edits to the question, without affecting the ratings of others.
Once you have made the corresponding change, it will be reviewed.