These questions are to be solved without a calculator:
1) Three different non-zero digits are used to form six different 3 digit numbers. The sum of 5 of them is 3321. What is the 6th number?
2) How many pairs of positive integers are there such that and are factors of and is a factor of ?
3) All digits of the positive integer are either or . The remainder after dividing by is . What is the smallest number of times that the digit can appear in ?
4) In how many ways can the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 be arranged in a row so that the product of any 2 adjacent numbers is even? Choices are: 64 or 72 or 120 or 144 or 720
5) A hockey game between two teams is 'relatively close' if the number of goals scored by the two teams differs by more than two. In how many can the first 12 goals of a game is scored if the game is "relatively close"?
6) The 4 digit number has the property . If what is the value of the 3 digit number ?
7) If , then what is the value of ? Choices are: A) x + 6 B) 2x + 6 C) 3x + 9 D) 4x + 3 E) 27x + 9
Please answer these questions with complete steps in the comment section below. I thank everyone who tries from the bottom of my heart.
Few more questions:
Q8) A floor tile has the shape of a regular polygon. If the tile is removed from the floor and rotated 50° it will fit back exactly into its original place in the floor. The least number of sides this polygon can have is: A) 8 B) 24 C) 25 D) 30 E)36
Q9) On my car, a particular brand of tyre lasts 40 000 kilometres on a front wheel or 60 000 km on a rear wheel. By interchanging with the front and rear tyres the greatest distance in km I can get from a set of 4 tyres of these is:
A) 52000 B) 50 000 C) 48 000 D) 40 000 E) 44 000
Q10) Each face of a solid cube is divided into 4 as indicated in the diagram. Starting from vertex P, paths can be travelled to vertex Q along connected line segments. If each movement along the path takes one closer to Q, find the number of possible paths from P to Q.