Time magazine recently posted an article entitled How to make your kids smarter: 10 steps backed by science.
Do you agree with their claims? Are there any other steps which you would suggest to add to the list?
The steps are
1) Music lessons
2) The dumb jock is a myth
3) Don't read to your kids, read with them
4) Sleep deprivation makes kids stupid
5) IQ isn't worth much without self-discipline
6) Learning is an active process
7) Treats can be a good thing - at the right time
8) Happy kids = Successful kids
9) Peer group matters
10) Believe in them