Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Weekend Wiki Party 6 - Physics

Welcome to week 6 of the wiki weekend series. We've made hundreds of edits to wiki pages during these wiki parties and we've helped thousands of people learn even more on Brilliant. We've even been sharing some of the best contributions to Brilliant's 1,000,000+ FB followers!

This week, as requested, we've got a list of Physics pages that need some help from the community.

To participate, just jump in and write something helpful on one of the following pages, and then leave a comment to let us know that you contributed.

Some of these pages are pretty technical, and all of them would benefit from diagrams, but don't feel like you have to contribute a complete page to help. It's absolutely okay to just submit a good diagram or example problem, even if you can't do anything else. Every contribution helps!

Note: as a reminder, Brilliant has to follow U.S. copyright laws, so we would ask that you only submit original content to the Brilliant wikis (i.e., we can't accept content or images copied from elsewhere). Thanks!

Note by Calvin Lin
1 year, 9 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

I'll write Gauss' Law after the AP exams. Newtonian mechanics could use some work too :)

Oh and "Rocket Physics" is a bit too broad - what rocket physics? Motion, energy, structure, chemistry, geometry, ... ?

Anyway, great stuff. John Muradeli · 1 year, 9 months ago

@John Muradeli All the best with your AP exams! Any help would be appreciated :)

Just write what you would like to see under Rockets, and we can help to organize it afterwards. We think that it would an interesting topic for people to learn about how rockets work. Calvin Lin Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Calvin Lin May I contribute? Swapnil Das · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Swapnil Das Certainly! I encourage you to add your knowledge to the Wikis!

For those who are not familiar with Mechanics, simply pick a topic that you are comfortable with, and start adding explanations / examples! Calvin Lin Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Swapnil Das You can contribute! See my contribution here Sravanth Chebrolu · 1 year, 9 months ago

@John Muradeli , I will collaborate :) Soumo Mukherjee · 1 year, 9 months ago

I've contributed to the rocket physics! Will be contributing a lot more for the same . . . Sravanth Chebrolu · 1 year, 9 months ago

I could contribute to RC Circuits (DC), a very interesting topic. Vishwak Srinivasan · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Vishwak Srinivasan Thanks!! Calvin Lin Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Calvin Lin I have contributed, successfully. Vishwak Srinivasan · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Vishwak Srinivasan Great!! Calvin Lin Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

Hey @Calvin Lin, do you have a link to a page where I can learn about converting Riemann Sums into Integrals? I had learnt limit of sum in my school, but I wanted to know how the converse works :) Hem Shailabh Sahu · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Hem Shailabh Sahu @Hem Shailabh Sahu I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this is our page on Riemann Sums. Arron Kau Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Arron Kau There are problems by members on converting Riemann Sums into Definite Integrals, but no wiki on how it is done... Hem Shailabh Sahu · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Arron Kau Thanks, that'll do just fine! Hem Shailabh Sahu · 1 year, 9 months ago

Sir, Just wanted to ask if we will have a chemistry weekend Party Rajdeep Dhingra · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Rajdeep Dhingra We have not built out the Chemistry Skill Maps as yet. Once we have released them, we will certainly organize several parties to help the wikis be filled out :) Calvin Lin Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...