Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Welcome to my island 2 !!

Again coming back to my island where two types of people live . Liars and truthful people . They live in two different places . You as a traveller visit my island. You want to know who lives where . So what will be the one question which u should ask to anyone of the two persons that will tell u who lives where.??

Note by Utsav Singhal
2 years, 3 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

...go to a selected place and ask am i alive.if the person replies yes it means the place is where the truthful people lives.the other place will be the place where liars live Vishwathiga Jayasankar · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Vishwathiga Jayasankar No no no. U cant go to a place then check out . U hv to ask standing in the middle position of the two confusing places . The solution is nice. I will post it later Utsav Singhal · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Utsav Singhal oh is that may i know the answer please... i thought hard till today but i lost all my hope Vishwathiga Jayasankar · 2 years, 3 months ago

So , here's the solution of this !!! U know that there are two places on my island where the two types of people will be found . But this is not known that who will be found where . So the question will be "Do you live here" How?? U know that if u will point on the place where the truthful people live and ask the question... then answer u will get by truthful _ "YES" and answer by a liar will also be _"YES" because he will lie . Now u also know that if u will be pointing on the place where the liars live and ask the same question then the answer by truthful person will be -"NO" and the answer given by liar person will also be -"NO" because he is a liar and will not say yes to the place where he actually lives . So. Pointing towards a truthful place and asking that question to anyone , the answer will be yes . And pointing towards a liar's place and asking that question to anyone , the answer u will get will be No. So taking inverse... if u are pointing to unknown place and asking that question, u will either get answer yes , than u will be understood that there live the truthful person . Or you will get answer No which means the place is that where liars live . So that question can tell u right places. @Calvin Lin Utsav Singhal · 2 years, 3 months ago

@Utsav Singhal yes thank you for the solution Vishwathiga Jayasankar · 2 years, 3 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...