The intention of this note is to get feedback from the community, especially problem creators, as to how they would like reporting and flagging to work.
Current (new) system
Under the new report system, a problem will be automatically flagged when there are 2 or more unresolved disputes that have been submitted. This means that there is some leeway before receiving the first report, and having the problem be flagged. You can @mention me if you think that a dispute is no longer valid, and I will mark it as resolved.
When a problem has been flagged, we display a banner...
...which alerts the community and encourages them to help fix the problem.
- We will be adding a way for problem creators to indicate that they think it has been resolved.
- We will be adding notifications indicating that a problem has a new report on it.
- Once a problem has been flagged, it can no longer be shared till it gets fixed.
What further changes to this system would you like to see?
- Different conditions on which a report will be flagged. For example,
- if a problem has a total of 3 or more upvotes on valid reports,
- if the creator does not comment on a report in 48 hours.
- Ability for the disputer to resolve his own dispute.
- Ability for the community / moderators (several members) to resolve a dispute.
- Receive notifications everyday that you have an outstanding flagged problem.
- Allow anyone to report a problem, IE they are not required to verify their email.
- Create a way for anyone to see all flagged problems.
- Any other suggestions?