- has 4 carbon and 1 oxygen atoms
- gives white/colourless in Victor Mayer test.
Here are the sequential reactions carried out on it.
- Add Cu to it and heat it to 350°C.
- Then add .
- Add PCC to it.
- Then add isopropyl Magnesium Chloride to it followed by
- Add to it.
- Now add
- Now add . Consider the stable (major ) product.
- Add Hypobromous acid to it.
- Now add aq. KOH (excess ) to it.
- Now add Methyl Magnesium Iodide to it in the presence of .
- At last add to it.
Enter your answer as the Molecular weight of the end product.
Hints and Details
- Every step of reaction will happen.
- Consider the major products,
- End product has a ketonic group.
Wanna! Try more on Organic then ,Click here
Wanna! Try more on Chemistry then , Click here