Math in Daily Life: Canned Goods
You're ordering canned foods to send to charity. You buy:
- 100 cans of one-inch radius and one-inch height,
- 81 cans of two-inch radius and two-inch height,
- 64 cans of three-inch radius and three-inch height,
- 49 cans of four-inch radius and four-inch height,
- 36 cans of five-inch radius and five-inch height,
- 25 cans of six-inch radius and six-inch height,
- 16 cans of seven-inch radius and seven-inch height,
- 9 cans of eight-inch radius and eight-inch height,
- 4 cans of nine-inch radius and nine-inch height, and finally
- 1 can of ten-inch radius and ten-inch height.
But, I also need to keep some of the cans for myself. I can't just give all my food to charity! I need to keep 1748π for myself.
If the total volume of all cans added together equals xπ, what is the value of x-1748?