A boy is spinning on a chair and holding a paper bag so that it is horizontal, and perpendicular to the axis of the rotation. What should be the angular velocity of the boy in radians/second so that the bottom of the bag breaks?
Details and assumptions
- Assume paper breaks at an overpressure of .
- The molecular mass of the air is .
- The boy's arm is long.
- When horizontal, the bag has a shape of a cylinder of length .
- Outside pressure is and temperature .
- Assume that the boy won't get sick no matter how fast he is spinning. Hint: he whizzes around.