We all have done this!
There is a thread of mass \(M\) and length \(L\) is stretched on a smooth horizontal surface with constant forces acting on either sides of the rope. A sudden movement causes the rope to form a circular loop traveling traveling from one end of the rope, with constant velocity \(v\).
- \(v\) is the velocity of the loop.
- \(\ell\) is the angular momentum of the moving loop about the centre of the loop.
- \(KE\) is the Kinetic Energy of the loop.
Evaluate \(\large |v| + |\ell| + |KE|\). Give your answer to 3 decimal places.
- Take \(M = 5kg,~ L = 3m,~F = 7N\)
- Radius of the loop, \(R = 10 cm\)
- There is no gravitational field.