Whiskey on the rock
Johnny ordered a whiskey-on-the-rock. A large ice ball is freely floating on his whiskey. Determine what happens to the surface level of his whiskey when the ice ball melts completely.
Details and Assumptions
- There is enough whiskey for the ice to float freely (unlike the image).
- The density of pure water (as a liquid) is 1.00 g/ml.
- The density of the ice ball is 0.90 g/ml.
- The density of Johnny's whiskey is 0.95 g/ml.
- Johnny does not drink his whiskey before the ice ball completely melts.
- Ignore any evaporation.
P.S. There is more beyond the calculation, but the answer is indisputable!