Zener diode - Practical Problem 1
A circuit is given to you and certain components are unknown within this circuit. You have decided to do a simple test with an ammeter to measure the amount of current passing through the entire circuit, while changing the input voltage between 0 - 24 Vdc.
Assume the following
- Zener breakdown voltage is unknown
- Zener forward voltage is 0.7V
- Current represents an Ammeter connected in series with the source
- There are two components with unknown characteristics.
- Component 1: The zener breakdown voltage
- Component 2: A resistor "R"
The following circuit is given
A tabulated representation of the measured data
A graphical representation of the measured data
Use the data provided and calculate:
- Zener breakdown voltage (in Volts)
- Resistance R (in ohm)
- Relationship between current passing through zener and the input voltage (in mA/V)