This wiki is incomplete.
- Bond price - As the bond price decreases, its duration increases.
- Coupon - As the coupon rate increases, it produces more income early on and hence has a shorter duration.
- Maturity - As the bond maturity increases, its duration increases.
- Yield to Maturity - As the YTM increases, the duration decreases since the present value of distant cash flows is weighted less.
- Sinking Fund - A sinking fund is a scheduled prepayment of the bond before it matures. This lowers a bond's duration because of the extra cash flow in the earlier years.
- Call Provision - A callable bond tends to have a shorter duration, because the principal is potentially repaid earlier at the call date.