These are a collection of some interesting problems that I came up while reading CS. I'll be adding more.
- Given any 2 Rubik's Cube configurations, find out the minimum distance between them (open problem).
- Given any matrix, a legal move defined as performing a cyclic shift on a column or a row. Given two matrices with exactly the same elements, find the minimum legal moves required to obtain second matrix from the first one.
- There are shoppers and counters at hyper mall. shopper takes time to shop and time to complete the billing process. Given the values and , find an way to arrange the shoppers at the counters such that the last shopper leaves as early as possible.
- You are given the rates of stocks for the next 30 days and while you can buy and sell multiple times, you can only hold at most one position at any time. Determine the maximum profit which you can make.
- For any set of integers, . Given any set , find the set such that and is maximal.
- Hunting in Von Neumann Universe
If you have any problem understanding the statement or require some input for a particular problem, please comment below.