We have updated the "Report problem" procedure, so that you can interact with the problem creator and the community. This will help you understand if the problem is indeed wrong, or if there is a flaw in your thinking. You will also be notified of what changes, if any, have been made.
To report a problem, take the following sequence of steps:
- Verify your email address, so that you can be updated about any proceedings.
- Select "Report Problem" from the "dot dot dot" menu in the lower right corner.
- Acknowledge that you want to continue
- Submit your clarification/dispute/report
- Let the problem creator / community respond. You can upvote disputes, and vote on comments.
- To get back to your dispute, click on "View disputes" in the "dot dot dot" menu. This will work even if the problem has been deleted, and is a way for us to inform you that "your dispute is valid and the creator has withdrawn the question". Note that you can only submit 1 dispute per problem, so edit or comment as necessary, if you have further doubts.
As this is a new feature, we would like to hear what you think about it. Try this non-sensical problem if you want to play around with the dispute format. There will certainly be further improvements over the next few weeks. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please comment!
For problem creators and interested general public who want to learn more about reporting and flagging, please join the discussion Why is my problem flagged