Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

NSEJS help

Many of us are NSEJS aspirants(including me) and can do very well with a little guidance. I create this note so that the veterans help us.

Note by Anurag Bisht
1 month, 3 weeks ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

@Anurag Bisht even Mihir Mallick is there.

Ayon Ghosh - 3 weeks, 4 days ago

@Anurag Bisht i asked him.

Ayon Ghosh - 3 weeks, 4 days ago

@Anurag Bisht it seems all right at home but the paper probably takes you by surprise.I mean you are coolly solving a math question and just below it is a bio question with words such as "haemocyanin" and "phycoerythrin" written and then you begin thinking what the heck were those words supposed to mean and in the process mess up the math question as well. Personally i never solve the first page questions of any olympiad be it our phase tests,nso,imo etc. that because the first page tends to be the trickiest and makes you nervous right from the start.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month ago

how do we find the number of h+ cations disassociated for the value of pH scale? And if possible please find some numericals on it...i can't find

Anurag Bisht - 1 month ago

@Anurag Bisht have you tried out my set ??? Its really good.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month ago

Yes I did 3 of them. Will have to say they are good. Practicing with them now a little....have to start with electricity that's why time problem

@Anurag Bisht no particular cut off for section wise.there is general cutoff. Highest ever till now is 228/240 Abhishek Bakshi Bhubaneshwar,Odisha NSEJS 2013.

And in INJSO highest ever is Kalpit Veerwal 216/296 in INJSO 2014.Yes the same guy who scored 360/360 in JEE mains this year.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month, 1 week ago

@Anurag Bisht Look there is a thing called MI (merit index) this is usually 80 % of the average of the top ten rankers score.Suppose if top ten marks are as follows,

200,199,198,197,196,195,194,193,192,191 then average is 195.5 rounded off to nearest integer it is 196 and 80 % of this is 156.8 = 160.

Alright suppose you clear 160 marks you get MORE than 160 marks,then you are through nobody stops you.You got a direct ticket to INJSO.

However if you get LESS than 160 marks you are in a dilemmatic situation. Heard of waiting lists at train platforms well you are put on it.

Only 300 students will write INJSO no more and no less.

Suppose some 50 students have cleared 160 marks,they go through directly but now what about the rest 29,950 students ( about 30,000 appear in nsejs).a list is prepared of these 29,950 students,everyone is put on a waiting list and the top 250 students out of these 29,950 are selected for injso.Thus total = 250 + 50 = 300.

That used to be the system till 2016.Since last year there is a specific quota of students from a particular state.From chhattisgarh it is 4 students.

4 and ONLY 4 NO MORE NO LESS (also these 4 students have to get above atleast 50 % of top ten 's marks.that is about 100 marks.) will be selected for INJSO.

So even if you get put on the waiting list of 29,950 students the IAPT officials have to select EXACTLY 4 from chhattisgarh.

The benefit of this is :

Consider a hypothetical situation where you have got 120 marks and a guy from Bihar has 122 marks little more than you.There is only 1 seat remaining for INJSO 299 seats have been filled.Also suppose all seats of Bihar have been filled but 1 seat of chhattisgarh is remaining.Since the Bihar boy has more than you then according to earlier system he would have got selected but according to new system you will get selected because of remaining seat in chhattisgarh.But you have to get more than 50 % of toppers mark and also come within top 4 in chhattisgarh.

Last time only 2 students from chhattisgarh Tanmay Dokania and Jai Sehgal made it because one of them got 152 and another 105.rest 2 seats remained vacant because nobody crossed 98 marks (last time topper had 196 marks so 50 % = 98 marks.)

What highest marks have been scored till present day ? Any idea? And yeah is there any particular cut off each section wise or something? Is this Tanmay Dokania same as the one in our school?

Anurag Bisht - 1 month, 1 week ago

Yes,trig is needed for nsejs for that refer to ncert class 11 maths chapter 3 and also in introductory calculus textbooks you will get chapters based on trig.And for electricity refer to class 12 ncert physics textbook.its completely electricity and geometrical optics.you may skip the calculus parts especially biot savart's law and any calculus (there 's a lot of it,especially surface integrals so beware !! ) but its better not to skip.

And yeah practice practice practice from brilliant A LOT.graduate up from level 1 to level 5 like me :p !!!

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month, 2 weeks ago

@Ayon Ghosh I have heard many times this term now-qualitative analysis in chemistry. What does it mean? And i urge you to try this pdf i found if you are interested in electricity topic. You too @Amogh Huddar. https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/dl/iso/previews/gr9_electricity.pdf

Anurag Bisht - 1 week, 6 days ago

@Anurag Bisht It is important for nsejs so i have already done it before.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 week, 6 days ago

@Anurag Bisht it refers to the various colour,smells,odour,flame test,borax bead test,etc. of different ions,radicals,salts etc.Always 2 questions in INJSO from this chapter so its very important. And in INJSO 2010 \(10\) marks came in subjective type questions from this chapter.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 week, 6 days ago

@Ayon Ghosh From where can i study this topic? Any suggestions please

Anurag Bisht - 1 week, 5 days ago

@Anurag Bisht @Anurag Bisht Rajdeep Dhingra has himself suggested the very pdf for this.Go to quora and see his answer.It is 47 page pdf and very good one.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 week, 5 days ago

@Ayon Ghosh I cant find it. Whats the head topic for it?

@Anurag Bisht @Anurag Bisht

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8wZFXkzxxbeMmt5cUkxN2tBem8/edit

Ayon Ghosh - 1 week, 5 days ago

@Ayon Ghosh Thanks a lot.

@Anurag Bisht why ?

Ayon Ghosh - 2 weeks ago

I will prepare nicely and give next year. Will do hardwork for it. So the next time.

Anurag Bisht - 2 weeks ago

@Anurag Bisht and what about NSEJS ?

Ayon Ghosh - 2 weeks ago

@Ayon Ghosh thats partially about what i want to talk. read that one again. the one with english problem.

@Anurag Bisht @Anurag Bisht tell it here,then delete your comment.

Ayon Ghosh - 2 weeks ago

@Ayon Ghosh cant. You will understand later.

@Anurag Bisht @Anurag Bisht okay bye.

Ayon Ghosh - 2 weeks ago

@Anurag Bisht ,yes i am coming tommorrow ,whereabouts of the meeting place ?

Ayon Ghosh - 2 weeks, 1 day ago

First tell wheather in the starting or dispersal ?

Anurag Bisht - 2 weeks, 1 day ago

@Anurag Bisht in the starting.And probably you are in exam hall by now but still all the best.

Ayon Ghosh - 2 weeks ago

Comment deleted 1 week ago

@Anurag Bisht @Anurag Bisht very bad english. not understanding.

Ayon Ghosh - 2 weeks ago

@Ayon Ghosh nope. Not giving.

ohh

Anurag Bisht - 3 weeks, 4 days ago

@Anurag Bisht so did you make it or missed it ????

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month ago

I made it . Trying to find other roll no

@Ayon Ghosh Do you know the prmo results got changed.

@Anurag Bisht could you please post the problem which you are in a doubt about ???

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month ago

@Ayon Ghosh Posted.

look since \(pH\) \(=\) \(-log\) \(H^+\) take antilog both sides \(H^+\) \(=\) \(10^{-pH}\) quite simple.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month ago

but if we just know molarity of solution?

I will keep adding more problems.Btw have you got any good books for electricity i want to start it tommorrow .Preferably it should be calculus based.

Ayon Ghosh - 1 month ago

Now my nervousness is growing. It doesn't seem right. The papers are too easy compared to what everyone is telling and I can't understand how at this level our predecessors were not able to qualify

All books are calculus based..... one of the main problems. I have a lot of trouble understanding it. The only thing I have is hc Verma . I will use PDF from internet for this topic.

@Anurag Bisht yep he is on brilliant as well open my profile and see whom i am following.his name is last.

@Ayon Ghosh what number of seats are there for chhattisgarh? Could you please explain this criteria its new to me........

Anurag Bisht - 1 month, 1 week ago

@Anurag Bisht No problem do it then we will practice a LOT.

@Anurag Bisht

I have to complete a topic I have started after that I will start the use of brilliant

Anurag Bisht - 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I am not understanding what you are saying

@Anurag Bisht do you know there are so many bright people in brilliant see the ones i have followed and you know there is aniket sanghi also the jee topper from chhattisgarh this year check his profile.

@Anurag Bisht try some of the problems i have posted.They are very good.Some of them are from other brilliant users as well.

Ok

No its mainly for problem discussion you don't learn much from it.but in brilliant you can use brilliant wikis to learn also.

@Ayon Ghosh is aops helpfull? Didn't seem much to me.....

@Anurag Bisht Bro veterans 's spelling is wrong.Guidance spelling is wrong.And why so mad about NSEJS ??? Join me on aops has well.you may have to make account.

Comment deleted 1 month ago

You haven't mentioned the help you need from me.

Rohit Gupta - 1 month, 3 weeks ago

could you tell me what to refer to for electricity? And is trignometry imp for this exam?

Anurag Bisht - 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...