Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Oct 21 Great Wiki Submissions from the past week

The Brilliant Community has contributed wonderfully to the Wiki. Here are some of the best articles submitted over the past week:

Level 1-2

(Algebra) Multiplying Polynomials - By Ashley Toh and Beakal Tiliksew

(Geometry) Triangles - Classification by Angles - By Aditya Virani

(Geometry) Composite Figures - By Thaddeus Abiy

(Algebra) Inverse Functions - By Pranshu Gaba

(Computer Science) String - By Lokesh Sharma

(Combinatorics) Interquartile Range - By Yash Singhal

(Calculus) Derivatives of Polynomials - By Abhineet Goel

Level 3+

(Mechanics) Different Representation of Vectors - By Josh Silverman and Josh Azrael

(Geometry) Properties of Regular Polygons - By Jaydee Lucero and Rahul Saha

(Geometry) Conic Sections - Circle General Equation - By Pranshu Gaba

(Calculus) Volume of Revolution - Shell Method - By Mei Lam

If you notice other great articles, please let us know!

Here are some stub WIki pages that could use your help in providing an explanation or examples.

Distance - Started by Daniel Lim

Partial Fractions - Cover up Rule - Started by Victor Loh

Chicken Mcnugget Theorem - Started by Brian Kal

Note by Calvin Lin
2 years ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Sort by:

Top Newest

@Calvin Lin Indeed. More wiki = more awesome.

Just a quick question: Is the Calculus development section coming up? Cause I'm chipping in for Multivariable Calculus - the course I'm taking right now.

Just curious.

~J@M John Muradeli · 2 years ago

@John Muradeli You can "Add Wiki" if you want to make a Wiki page for a skill that is not listed yet. If the page is suitable, we will add it to the current map.

The Calculus section is almost fully developed for a typical high school syllabus. Over time, I will get around to adding extensions to it. Currently, I am fleshing out the Geometry and Combinatorics sections, which are much further behind. Calvin Lin Staff · 2 years ago

@Calvin Lin Where can I put into the fact that "A Quadratic Equation cannot have more than 2 roots." And What Exactly does one need in Quadratics-Factoring-Medium. I am just thinking for writing up that.also..many, but the matter is I am using some proofs to prove many others so should I first make sure that those proofs exist and then go forward in writing up the the proof that I want to add to Wiki.

Arya :) Arya Samanta · 2 years ago

@Arya Samanta The first fact can be placed in Quadratic Equations - Factoring.

You can also create a new skill of "Fundamental Theorem of Algebra" and place it there, and add more details about the general \( n\) degree polynomial.

Proofs of statements are certainly welcome, and will help provide more context to those who are interested. If you do not see a suitable place to add the proof, please use the "Add Wiki" page. Thanks! Calvin Lin Staff · 2 years ago

Indeed, those are very nice articles. What a tour of force from the brilliant users here!

Here are some calculus problems that I posted. ☜(ˆ▿ˆc) Anastasiya Romanova · 2 years ago

It is a good Facility provided by brilliant nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yogesh Ghadge · 2 years ago

may i add a page on MAT(reasoning) Ambuj Shrivastava · 2 years ago

@Ambuj Shrivastava Certainly! Go to "post something" and select Wiki. Calvin Lin Staff · 2 years ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...