Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

Weekend Wiki Party 4 - Probability

If you want to get a sense of community participation in wikis, take a look at wiki collaboration graph.

The Brilliant "Weekend Wiki Party" has been an ongoing project over the past several weeks. As a community, we've had hundreds of edits to wiki pages during these wiki parties and we've helped thousands of people learn about new math ideas! This week's theme: PROBABILITY.

Our goal this weekend is to fill out and improve some of our Probability wikis. With everyone’s help, we can make these pages something that the community is proud of. To participate, feel free to jump in and write something helpful on one of the following (currently empty) pages:

If you'd rather improve an existing page, the following pages would benefit from additional explanation and more examples:

When you have made an edit that you are proud of, please make a comment and let us know!

Note by Calvin Lin
1 year, 9 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

I did some work on Conditional Probability Distribution. Is it enough? Sharky Kesa · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Sharky Kesa Thanks Sharky. This looks great. Arron Kau Staff · 1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks @Sharky Kesa! Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra No problem. Sharky Kesa · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Sharky Kesa Hang on, you've managed to delete whatever I had written. Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra Must be cos we were working at the same time. Sharky Kesa · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Sharky Kesa Should we ask Calvin Sir if he could get back the lost data? Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra No, it wouldn't work. You'd have to retype everything. Sharky Kesa · 1 year, 9 months ago

@Sharky Kesa OK, then let's leave it... Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra · 1 year, 9 months ago

I'll try the Probability by Complement Wiki. Ishan Dasgupta Samarendra · 1 year, 9 months ago

I have brought a copy of the Classic Book, "Hall and Knight, Higher Algebra". It has a lot of information about many types and fields of Probability. As a ninth grader, I have Probability as a chapter in my syllabus. I'll try my best to fill up one of the wikis! Swapnil Das · 1 year, 9 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...