Waste less time on Facebook — follow Brilliant.

What do you think 2/0 should be?

If I ask you to give the answer for 2/0, you'd probably say-INFINITY-right? Wrong. According to your answer, 2/0=infinity Now, that infinity will obviously have a numeric value,so, 2=infinityx0 Anything multiplied by 0 is 0,so, 2=0,which is not possible. Now, you might change your answer to-invalid-right? I have an answer to that too, I say, 2/0=0.2 If we convert it to percentage,then, 2/0x100=20% Then we convert it to numerical value, which is, 0.2 Do you agree? Your comments an suggestions are welcomed.

Note by Amisha Gupta
3 years ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Comments

Sort by:

Top Newest

I would say 2/0 is not defined . And also .. infinity is not any number actually so it will never have a numeric value . Ayush Parasar · 2 years, 10 months ago

Dear friends, the question is do you agree with the above equation. Amisha Gupta · 3 years ago

We never say 2/0= infinity. We always say 2/0= not defined. Since the value cannot be defined Surbhi Seth · 3 years ago

@Surbhi Seth Thank you for your statement. 2/0=infinity is for those who think its correct to say like that. I am sure you are not one of them. Amisha Gupta · 3 years ago

Why have u taken 2/0=.2?? Kushagra Jaiswal · 3 years ago

@Kushagra Jaiswal Thank you for your question. 2/0=0.2 is what I am prooving. Amisha Gupta · 3 years ago

@Amisha Gupta Now I understand your point. You cancelled 0 by the 0 of 100!!! I was not able to get how u did that statement. Thats wrong u cannot do that. Kushagra Jaiswal · 3 years ago

@Kushagra Jaiswal Can you tell me why? Amisha Gupta · 2 years, 12 months ago

@Amisha Gupta The cancellation of zero means both the numbers have 10 as a common factor, so we divide both numbers by 10 by cancelling the zeroes. Division by zero is not defined. Kushagra Jaiswal · 2 years, 12 months ago

@Kushagra Jaiswal Look, its very simple you cannot a common factor of a number which is neither considered a natural number or a whole number, Amisha Gupta · 2 years, 12 months ago

0.infinity is undeterminte form so u can't say like 0.infinity =0. Manu Attri · 3 years ago

@Manu Attri Thank you for comment. I am not saying that infinity=0. I am saying, infinity,to an extent,will obviously have a value. That value is thereby is being taken here. Amisha Gupta · 3 years ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...