The focus of this group would be to understand how to approach Geometry proofs that you see on an Olympiad. Most of the problems discussed will be proof-based, and calculations are mainly to build up the fundamentals. Information from the sessions will be made available on Brilliant, whether it is through notes or wikis. We are looking for approximately 20 people to form an active vibrate group on Slack chat. You are expected to spend several hours a week discussing the problems and writing up explanations.
This is the plan for the sessions:
- Xuming will announce a certain technique to focus on for 2 weeks. This would be either a skill (like Ceva's Theorem) or a chapter (like Circumcenter).
- We will meet for 1 hour on XXXX (fixed time, PST), in which we will discuss the technique and work through several problems.
- For the remainder of the week, you will challenge each other to solve a proof problem (details to be announced).
- At the end of the first week, we will collate these problems and solutions, and then discuss what is the best way to organize this information to be viewed by others (similar to wiki collaboration parties)
- By the end of the second week, the wiki/note would be completed and will be shared to the community / featured on the homepage.
To be selected for this group, you have to:
At the end of September, we will make the selection for the group. Note that continued membership in this group is dependent on your active participation.